Sunday 1 April 2012

Style-Cat's Favorite Dresses......

Well girls we all love an excuse to get glam'ed up don't we? And we always feel that little bit more special when we have 'the perfect dress for the occasion' ready and waiting for its launch into the public eye (even if the public eye is just that of our beloved one or best friends). Having spent much of my blossoming years dress-phobic, only DM boots and trainers donning my feet for many a year with heels a footwear item 'other girls' wore, it took me a while to get over my dress-phobia even after I shed approximately 3 stone....
'Course now I can wear them, I do and at every opportunity I can find! I love the opulent and flamboyant, going for those dresses we all look at but maybe wouldn't dare to wear. Like a personal mantra, "there is nothing I like that I cannot pull off!" So here is a selection of my favorite dresses from the depths of Style-Cats wardrobe...

Start with a classic strapless ... I love this gold satin knee length dress from Warehouse, with netting underskirt for a little 50's dancehall  flare. approx.£50 when purchased many years back now, however this classic style is replicated most seasons so you can always find variations of the theme on the high street. 



This one I have had for many a year so cant remember where it was purchased now! But another satin number rouched and boned for optimum flattery. The detail this doesnt show is the front is short and the back is long...the angel wings, well it was a Hed Kandi - Disco heaven night. No further explanation required!



This dress has a hint of hippy chic about it. Love the way chiffon hangs and the chocolate brown velvet 'vine leaves' detail,  this is a special piece I adore. Bought from my favorite Bargain hunters place, 'Revive' for £45

"Dress for the occasion" - the occasion being the Chelmsford Office Xmas Do. If your going out in Essex, you gotta dress Essex. So I did. Born and raised in the land of the free-spirited, I adapt to my native style with ease. Gotta love the black sequined dress.....whilst the cleavage is covered, the back is a keyhole detail. Oh yes, and barely covers the backside. Come on, you didn't think an Essex girl dress would cover all flesh did you..? In actuality, before wearing out I amended the dress to add another 3 inches to the bottom hemline. I extended the hemline by stitching on a black sequined scarf previously purchased from JMCG Fashions, that happened to be a perfect match! At 30 something, a lady has to protect her modesty you 
know....



I adore this dress. Leopard print (you may have noticed my love for leopard print already...) cross back detail, padded cups for added 'boob' without  bra, rouched to the knee, and awesome fishtail bottom. LOVE IT! Best part....£25 from Stratford indoor market.


Ahhh yes, another Warehouse classic, £120,  slash front, even bigger slash back, covered in sequins and the bottom finished with Charleston-esque beads. Wouldn't be out of place on a Premier night red carpet......




This cute little number is so versatile, on this occasion it was worn indie kid style for the return of Blur at Hyde Park. Note the white underskirt is actually a cotton layered summer skirt rather than pa- works a treat to give it that 'western girl' look when coupled with cowgirl boots...




Another quality find in 'Revive'  - if I remember rightly it was approx. £60 - not bad for an Italian number! The thing I love about this one is it has a heavy weave cross stitch detail joining the panels of material together. Very unusual. Its kinda safari meets 'I Love Lucy' and is surely my ultimate day-to-night dress with its satiny shimmer finish. 





Bought for a cousins wedding, this floral over the knee bridesmaid style dress is a Monsoon number at £135. The mix of blues, green and dark purple gives a range of colours to select from when accessorizing -  in the end I chose the vibrant blue!






Ahhhh, yes, my 'Marylin' dress....bought for my 30th Birthday from Miss Posh in Romford, cream silk knee length delicate fabric that likes to float up when theres an underwind or you descend stairs. Very demure, very ladylike, but still so very sexy....






And here we have another find from Revive, this mid thigh length A-line silk dress has fluted sleeves giving it that 60's feel. Only down side is its not to be worn in places likely to make you sweat! 







AND FINALLY, a dress yet to make it to my wardrobe but I have my beady eye on it...Its like a Fantasy Swan Lake dress, a 'mere snip' at £1000 in 'Dress To Party'...gonna hurt the wallet but some things you just have to have! No matter how impractical or bordering on the ridiculous ...... its how you wear it ladies, how you wear it.







No comments:

Post a Comment